Search this blog


Home My Twitter My Facebook My Resume
3/29/10

BREAKING NEWS: Ricky Martin is Gay  


I am shocked to learn that Ricky Martin, the Puerto Rican singing sensation is gay. Ok. I'm not shocked at all. In fact, I thought it was a widely known fact. So it was much to my surprise when Twitter blew up this afternoon with the "breaking news." On Martin's official website he posted a long statement about why he's hidden his sexuality and why he is finally coming out. He says, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

I think it's great that Ricky is finally accepting who he is and that he isn't ashamed of his sexuality. I just can't believe the amount of hoopla surrounding the announcement. Remember back in 1999 when he was popular and wore mesh tops and leather pants? Or when he'd do yoga on the beach with his boyfriend? Or when he adopted two babies seemingly out of nowhere?





Sarcasm aside, I think it's great. The less closeted actors/musicians/politicians the easier it may make it for young people to come out and be more accepted by their peers. You go, Ricky! Oh, and for full disclosure, I attended a Ricky Martin concert in my youth and really enjoyed myself. I think he could be popular again if he went Lady Gaga-style crazy and did fun pop music.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories