Search this blog


Home My Twitter My Facebook My Resume
6/30/10

Why "The Office" Needs to Call it Quits  

Steve Carell has announced that he will be leaving "The Office" after its seventh season this fall.

He says, ""I just think it's time. I want to fulfill my contract. When I first signed on I had a contract for seven seasons, and this coming year is my seventh. I just thought it was time for my character to go."

That's fine. You can't begrudge the guy for wanting to move on, but NBC needs to wise up and make season seven the last season of "The Office." While I still love "The Office," I think it would be absolutely disastrous without Michael Scott as boss.

Seven years is a long time to play the same character. Not all shows can go on for ten seasons like "Friends" or "Seinfeld." "The Office" deserves to go out on a high note. It's never fun when TV shows overstay their welcome and end up getting cancelled.

If NBC decided that "The Office's" seventh season would be its last it would give the writers and actors a chance to develop and move to other projects. The writers and actors of "The Office" are some of the most creative, funny people in the business...I'd actually be excited to see what they could come up with next and that can't happen with "The Office" still on the air. The actors, especially, have really established themselves in TV and film and I have no doubt they could thrive on a new or different series.

So listen up, NBC. Work with the producers of "The Office" and come up with a way to go out with a hilarious bang.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories